News :
Home » » Sergio Busquets says new Barcelona signings 'welcome' amid Philippe Coutinho link

Sergio Busquets says new Barcelona signings 'welcome' amid Philippe Coutinho link

Sergio Busquets said any new signings would be "welcome" as Barcelona continue to be linked with Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele.
While Coutinho remained absent from Liverpool's 2-1 Champions League qualifier win over Hoffenheim, Busquets was discussing the departure of Neymar and his potential replacement in a press conference.
Ahead of the Spanish Super Cup second leg against Real Madrid, Busquets said: "We try to improve the team regardless of the result of the Super Cup match.
"Those who come will be welcome. After Neymar's departure, we know that we need mostly offensive players, but we need to improve in all positions and aspects.
"With Neymar's departure evidently the team lost an attacking level, because you realise the footballer that is Neymar, there everyone will agree.
"About that we have Messi-dependence, in the end when you have the best player in the world in your team you know that the more he participates the better for the team."
Coutinho, who was present at Liverpool's Melwood training ground on Tuesday but has been out with a back injury, handed in a transfer request in pursuit of a move to Barcelona last week.
The Catalonian club have also been pursuing a deal for Dortmund's Dembele for a fee in the region of £100m.

Share this post :