Latest News

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Fulham hit back with four goals in seven minutes to sink 10-man Ipswich

An astonishing comeback from Fulham saw them score four goals in seven minutes to defeat 10-man Ipswich 4-1.
Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic gave a start to Aboubakar Kamara who came off the bench to score twice at Hull and he was again on target with a brace against Ipswich.
Fulham started well and Ryan Fredericks crossed low across the Ipswich goal after two minutes, but Kamara failed to connect to the delivery.
The home side were in the ascendancy, and Ipswich goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski had to get down low to save a tight-angled shot from Kamara with 12 minutes gone.
Ipswich offered little, and they were tested again when Oliver Norwood fired a free-kick from 25 yards just over the crossbar after 24 minutes.
With the rain at Craven Cottage resulting in a slick surface, the visitors had their first half-chance after 33 minutes when Martyn Waghorn collected a cross and turned, only to blast his effort well over the crossbar.
Fulham were forced into an early change 10 minutes before the break when Floyd Ayite limped off, to be replaced by Neeskens Kebano.
Kamara once again just failed to get onto a testing delivery into the box after Kebano created the chance.
Ipswich were forced into a substitution just before the break when Grant Ward was replaced by Freddie Sears.
The visitors took the lead totally against the run of play right on half-time when Joe Garner netted for the second game in a row after heading home a Waghorn free-kick.
Fulham came out in the second half on the front foot and were given an advantage when Jordan Spence was red-carded with 54 minutes gone after barging into Kamara off the ball.
The game was turned on its head in the most dramatic of fashions in less than 10 minutes with the hosts running rampant against the Ipswich defence.
With 21 minutes remaining a lucky miscue off Kebano fell into the path of Ryan Sessegnon who fired home from close range.
Three minutes later Kamara gave Fulham the lead after a deflection fell kindly to him in the box.
The turnaround was completed after 74 minutes when Sessegnon slotted home a cross into the box, before Kamara added a second with a solo run into the area two minutes later.