Latest News

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Hudson-Odoi transfer saga turns nasty as Sarri blasts 'unprofessional' Bayern Munich

CHELSEA boss Maurizio Sarri has lashed out at Bayern Munich and called their approach of Callum Hudson-Odoi "unprofessional".
The Blues chief, 60, lashed out at the Bundesliga giants in his pre-Newcastle press conference, saying he wants to keep his young winger.
Hudson-Odoi, 18, has been linked with Bayern Munich in a £35million deal but Sarri has revealed he is frustrated with their approach, which has involved four separate offers.
Speaking about the Germans' interest, Sarri said: "I think it is not professional.
"They are talking about a player under contract with Chelsea, so they didn’t respect our club I think.
"I am very happy with the player, he is improving a lot.
"He needs to move in some moments without the ball. I would like to have him in the future."
Earlier this week, SunSport exclusively revealed Chelsea were yet to formally offer a new contract to Hudson-Odoi.
Bayern, who describe the teenager as having “unbelievable qualities”, are now waiting to see if a £35million bid will land him this January after the stalemate.
Recently, the Germans' sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic claimed: “He is a player we have great interest in.
"He would fit in well at our club, he has unbelievable qualities.
"He is good at dribbling and has pace. He is a player we would definitely like to have.”
Meanwhile, Marcos Alonso has told Hudson-Odoi to stay at Stamford Bridge and fight for his place.

« PREV
NEXT »