Latest News

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Joseph Manu and Addin Fonua-Blake both found guilty

The Sydney Roosters have been dealt a blow ahead of this Friday's blockbuster against Melbourne Storm with centre Joseph Manu found guilty of a dangerous contact charge at the judiciary and suspended for one match.
Manu was hit with a dangerous contact grade one charge for an incident involving Cronulla's Sione Katoa and pleaded not guilty on Tuesday night.
The guilty verdict rules the classy centre out of the highly anticipated grand final rematch showdown with the Melbourne Storm.
Sea Eagles prop Addin Fonua-Blake was also found guilty of a careless high tackle at the NRL judiciary and will miss two matches.
Fonua-Blake was hit with a grade one charge for his tackle on Newcastle's Mitchell Pearce in the 68th minute of the clash at McDonald Jones Stadium.
He pleaded not guilty at the judiciary but was unsuccessful and will miss Manly's next two games against the Dragons and Canberra. 
Titans prop Jarrod Wallace will miss two matches after pleading guilty to a shoulder charge offence during his side's win over Penrith on Friday night.
Wallace will miss matches against the Knights and Wests Tigers following his 55th-minute tackle on Dallin Watene-Zelezniak at Cbus Super Stadium.
Wallace was one of two players to accept suspensions - the other being Cowboys winger Nene Macdonald who pleaded no contest to a dangerous contact charge. The fractured and dislocated ankle he suffered on Friday night rendered any suspension a secondary consideration.
Five other players - Mitch Rein, Josh McGuire, Kurt Baptiste, Christian Welch and Curtis Sironen - escaped with either no suspension or a fine after pleading guilty to charges arising from round five.
In incidents coming out of Sunday's matches, Dragons winger Mikaele Ravalawa and Bulldogs forward Sauaso Sue (two charges) both entered guilty pleas on Tuesday.
Ravalawa avoided suspension with an early guilty plea while Sue will miss two matches - one for each charge.